I’ve been away from this little corner of the internet for a few weeks, and while it’s tempting to say something pious like “I gave up blogging for Lent,” the truth of the matter is that I’ve just been busy with other projects and what-not. So my apologies to you, dear faithful reader. But you ask what else I’ve been up? Among other things:
- Listened to the audiobook of Angela’s Ashes. Highly recommended — Frank McCourt’s reading of his memoir is simply wonderful.
- Listened to the audiobook of Beautiful Ruins. Also good.
- Read Divergent. Highly recommended … that you avoid this book at all costs.
- Watched Beast of the Southern Wild. Highly recommended. Easily the best movie I’ve seen this year.
- Getting back into the poetry of William Stafford, Philip Levine and Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
- Read a great review of the Piero della Francesca show at the Frick by Peter Schjeldahl.
- Working on several freelance design projects: a website, a book cover and a real estate magazine.
- Pulled up the carpeting and now refinishing the wood on my stairs.
- Becoming reacquainted with H. Richard Niebuhr’s Christ and Culture. Much food for thought here that bears continued consideration.
- Listing to Jeremy Irons’ reading of Waugh’s Brideshead Revisited. Sublime. Transcendent.
- Trying like mad to lose 15 pounds. 10 down, 5 or so to go!
Hopefully I’ll soon get back onto some sort of semi-regular blogging schedule. I have a slew of working drafts, but it’s simply a matter of finding the time to make them suitable for mass consumption. Till then, I bid you patience!