Guess what? You can still be a Christian even if you believe that:
- Evolution is true.
- The Bible isn’t inerrant.
- Women have the same rights as men.
- Homosexuality isn’t a sin.
- Owning a gun isn’t a God-given right.
- America isn’t God’s chosen country.
- Republicans aren’t God’s chosen political party.
- The modern state of Israel isn’t God’s chosen people.
- Decisions about abortion should be left up to individual women.
- Non-Christians won’t burn for eternity in hell.
And you just might be a bit closer to the Kingdom of God if you do believe some of those things.
For those of you on Facebook, I’ve created a nice little meme of this post.
I’ve provided a list of resources regarding these beliefs in my follow-up post, coincidentally titled: Follow-Up: Can you be a Christian and still believe … ?